The new rules of Court make it clear that the former Kate Middleton, when she is not accompanied by Prince William, must curtsy to the “blood princesses”, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, and the daughters of the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
When William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either of them, but she must curtsy to the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
Despite being married to the Queen’s son, the Countess of Wessex will, however, have to curtsy to Kate, even when William is not present.
“Updating the Order of Precedence has been a simple matter of following the precedent set when the Prince of Wales married Camilla Parker Bowles,” a courtier tells me.
Are we sure that’s an “update”? Seems to me like the way it’s always been done.
originally posted by britishroyals
- widdletons likes this
- calebwatson reblogged this from meetthecambridges
- anp200812 likes this
- theroyalfanzine reblogged this from bill-and-cathy-cambridge
- bill-and-cathy-cambridge reblogged this from catherine-duchessofcambridge and added:
- carcassonnepoppyfields likes this
- hannahp91 reblogged this from allthingscatherine
- dontgethotandflustered likes this
- allthingscatherine reblogged this from little---things
- sincerelyfrancesca likes this
- fashionablyroyal reblogged this from duchesskatemiddleton
- drizzle-royals reblogged this from meetthecambridges
- duchesskatemiddleton reblogged this from royallenaist
- wombatandsqueakcambridge likes this
- maryolives likes this
- royallenaist reblogged this from britishroyals
- theirroyalhighnesses likes this
- teatimeatwinterpalace reblogged this from royaltyandmore
- lifeisfullofcraziness reblogged this from britishroyals
- royaltyandmore reblogged this from britishroyals
- britishroyals posted this